Air Compressor Loud Noise Shuts OFF!!

Old 06-29-11, 01:07 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air Compressor Loud Noise Shuts OFF!!

I have a maytag M6D18E7A-D, it was recently humming when trying to start compressor and would "sometimes" work. A friend who goes to pennco tech took a look at it and said it needed to be cleaned. He cleaned it and when I put it back in the wall now when I turn it on the compressor makes a loud noise and turns right off. My friend looked again and said the piece on top of the compressor is sparking and that it needs replacement. I think the piece is the overload protection but my problem is, why did it work previously and do this now. Also he called it a,(and Im going by what he said not how its spelled) "clickson". Its a samsung compressor. I took the plastic hub off the top and noticed that the piece just sit on there, is that how it is supposed to be? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-29-11, 05:51 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
As in expensive as window units are its not worth even trying to repair.

Old 06-29-11, 06:34 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I can understand to some extent but this is like 600 bucks to replace, so maybe we have different theories of what inexpensive is. If its just a simple part I would take the chance, so all Im asking is some input as to what Im looking at here and if someone has seen this happen before and if they found the root cause and what that was.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: