Thermostat Off/furnace Breaker

Old 06-30-11, 09:47 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermostat Off/furnace Breaker

Came home from work and thermostat was off "no power" I went and checked the breaker outside the house and it had not been tripped and was still on. Went to attic and turned furnace off for 5 mins and turned back on and thermostat came back on along with the AC but shortly after it was running they both turned off again. Had a tech come check out the AC and he said the unit was fine so he went to breaker and then stated the furnace breaker was weak and needed to be replaced. I am going to replace that breaker this afternoon but could there be another root cause for this to happen?

Old 06-30-11, 02:46 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
sounds like a bad connection on low voltage or bad high voltage switch to furnace.

Old 06-30-11, 03:13 PM
N
I had a electrician come out and switch my furnace breaker on my outside breaker box and it did not do the job. What do you recommend doing to check the connection to the furnace to determine rather or not it is a low voltage or bad high voltage switch?

Old 06-30-11, 03:31 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
well you state that you shut the furnace off, go to that switch and check power in and out and look for a burnt or melted components in the switch.

Old 07-14-11, 01:59 PM
N
sorry for the late response but you were exactly right! It was not my breaker it was my furnace switch that was bad! Simple couple of dollar fix!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: