Coleman Forced Aor Furnace AC not working.

Old 07-07-11, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink Coleman Forced Aor Furnace AC not working.

First time posting, new to forum pleas bare w/ me. Coleman Furnace Mdl # 2508-776. First sign of trouble was Blower not running when Unit outside was. I was able to switch blower to on position and then back to Auto and it would run fine, AC would cool as usual. Then Blower would stop, so I had to turn off AC for fear of ruining Compressor. Unfortunately I did this for a while, say a week or so. Now Blower will not run, but does work when turned on manually at furnace (Manual/Auto Fan Limit Override). It will not work w/ manual or auto at thermostat, just clicking of relay can be heard. I unplugged relay part on furnace near blower and noticed a darkmelting of plastic on post 1. On part it shows 1----( ----3. That whole part was recently replaced. I have pictures but don't know how to go about posting them. Someone w/ knowledge of this type of unit hopefully will know what I"m talking about. Hard to put into words really. Hope someone can help me the wifey is growing restless, lol. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-11, 03:56 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
sounds like you need to replace the relay.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/th...st-photos.html

Old 07-07-11, 10:49 AM
Coleman Forced Air Furnace Problem.

Thank you hvactechfw for your help. Now can some one explain the reason for and how the Relay works, lol. And also what would cause the shorting out of the Relay, ie the black melted plastic where the #1 post plugs into. Thanks again to Hvactech.

Old 07-07-11, 12:18 PM
P.S how do I post pictures. Thanks.

I was just wondering how to post pictures to hep aid in correct diagnosis. Thanks.

Old 07-07-11, 02:42 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Old 07-07-11, 08:15 PM
Received 47 Votes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Thank you hvactechfw for your help. Now can some one explain the reason for and how the Relay works, lol. And also what would cause the shorting out of the Relay, ie the black melted plastic where the #1 post plugs into. Thanks again to Hvactech.
The failure of the relay does not necessarily mean there was a short and I suspect there wasn't. A short would have caused more problems that probably would have immediately caused the blower to not work or could have damaged the transformer.

Old 07-08-11, 04:01 PM
Coleman Furnace Problem.

Thanks Casual Joe. The help is much appreciate.