frgidaire FRA226ST2 water build up

Old 07-07-11, 11:39 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
frgidaire FRA226ST2 water build up

Hello,

i recently picked up the frigidaire FRA226ST2 AC. it is installed in the wall, and properly pitched outward.

when the unit runs, i noticed that water builds up at the bottom of the AC. the way this unit is designed is that there is copper coil that sits in the pocket at the bottom of the chassis, and water runs into that pocket to the point where the coils is submerged. its about a good 1/2 inch of water.

is this normal operation for the unit? for some reason i was under impression that water should always drain from the AC.

thanks

Old 07-07-11, 12:11 PM
Hello smash. I would say that the water should not be there. Check your drain hole to make sure it is draining properly. My window AC does that similar thing only when I for get to clean out filter, lol. Lesson learned. I'm not familiar w/ your named brand unit, but this is just an educated guess on my part. Hope I've helped. Have a good day bro. Respects.

Old 07-07-11, 09:01 PM
Received 99 Votes on 89 Posts
It's been many years since I cooled with a window unit, but the last one I bought new a long time ago was a Frigidaire and that one was supposed to retain some water in the condensate pan for a reason. There was a slinger that would throw condensate up on the coils under normal operation to help cool the condenser coil. Do you have the proper 3/8" to 5/8" slope on the unit to make the condensate drain? If so, any remaining water is probably supposed to be there. As I recall, the only time you should see water dripping outside from the unit is during periods of high humidity. Check your owner's manual.

Old 07-08-11, 01:03 AM
M
Yes, there is supposed to be some water in the bottom of the unit to help cool the condenser. It is especially helpful in really hot humid weather where just air cooling alone would not be enough. As long as the drain is clear and drips outside everything should be fine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: