Central A/C Not Keeping Up

Old 07-07-11, 01:39 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Central A/C Not Keeping Up

Hello,

I have two Goodman GSC13 (13 seer) condensers that are 2 years old and came with my new home a few years back.

The first floor unit works with an air handler and duct system in the basement and cools just fine regardless of outside temp. It is cooling an 830 sqft area + one vent in the unfinished basement.

The second floor unit works with an air handler and duct system in the attic. It works okay when outside high temp is below 86, but on days hotter than that it clicks on and almost never clicks off until the outside temp drops considerably. It is cooling an area approx 1000 sqft. The thermostat almost never gets back down and an independent thermometer I have nearby actually shows the temp moving UP slowly (this does not happen when I put this same thermometer downstairs).

My HVAC guy checked both units last year for charge, etc and said they are fine. During the day both are set to 75-76.

What is my next move? Check attic for proper ventilation?

Thanks!

Old 07-07-11, 02:12 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Is the air being sent upstairs staying up there or is it all falling down to the lower floor?

I can't keep my upstairs cool unless the basement door stays shut.

Old 07-07-11, 03:48 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
tech checked them last year? Things may have changed since last year. Check filters first though. Does outside unit run for upstairs system?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: