I Need Help Please Air Conditioner

Old 07-18-11, 07:18 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I Need Help Please Air Conditioner

Hi , I had a Heating and Air Conditioner Guy come out to my house in Chicago. He checked the charge on my AC and Added some Freon (R-22) I think Green Can .

Anyways Yesterday it was 88 here and kinda humid but nothing out of the ordinary , my AC ran all day and couldn't drop my house past 76 Degrees , It has done this before just not now after the man left . I also noticed now that the thing the AC sits on is all wet and never got wet before .

My Neighbor who is not a AC guy has a set of them hoses and gauges he hooked them up and here is the reading he got - On the Blue one it was 77 and the red one it read 225... At the time of looking at the gauges it is 88 outside and humid . Im just wondering if it has too much or too little freon it . Please help as I have No Idea about this type of stuff and a single mom of one . What do you guys think is it right ???

Old 07-18-11, 08:00 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Low side 77 high side 225, that is normal. condensation water under the AC condenser unit is also normal. You did not have condensation water because your system was low on freon (r22) before. So, from what you just said, your AC is OK, Now why can't you drop below 76, may be insulation related or duct work related or may be there is an air leak. a simple check you can do yourself is use a thermometer measure the temperature of the cold register air come into the room, see if it is at least 16 degree below your room temp at that time. post back, let us know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: