Leaking portable air conditioner

Old 07-22-11, 09:54 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have a Soleus 9000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner purchased 3 years ago and used about 10 times. It cools well but leaves a lot of water on the floor and very little water comes out when I try to drain it. I'm guessing that the water container in the unit is not properly in place or is damaged. I tried to get a diagram of some sort from the manufacturer, but they say they don't have one or sell replacement parts either. Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-10-12, 02:02 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I finally got brave and removed the front of the unit. There's a clear plastic tray or tank (not sure of what to call it) about 3/4 of the way up and on the left as you face the front of the unit. It had a hollow protrusion on it that was inserted into the end of a plastic hose. The other end of the hose is attached to the pump. The protrusion had broken off (from the tray) and was wedged in the end of the hose. I was able to remove it by soaking it in warm water for a few minutes. There was dry caulk around the broken area, so someone had tried to fix it before (even though I bought it new, supposedly). I've tried Gorilla Glue a couple of times, but it's very difficult to get access to the area, let alone clamp it. If I can find a new part, what is entailed in replacing it? The manufacturer says to buy a new ac.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: