A/C Thermostat Readings

Old 07-25-11, 08:44 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C Thermostat Readings

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment, approx 1200 square feet, and for the last 4 days my thermostat has read "AUX", which is continuously lit, and blinking "COOL".

This is not something that has happened in the past, and the unit is struggling to maintain the set temp in the apartment. Everything tells me something is wrong with the unit, Braeburn 3200, but the office sent a maintenance guy out today and came up with nothing.

They stated that the thermostat was replace, but I gotta be honest and say it looks every bit as dinged up as the one that was there this morning, lol. They also stated that the coils on the unit itself were "cleaned".

I came home tonight expecting things to be back to normal, but the unit continues run (pretty much 24/7 for 4 days now) and it's not cooling the apt to the extent it was just a few days back.

Thought?

Old 07-26-11, 12:51 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
shut the CB for the air handler off wait 5 minutes repower the air handler that "blinking" cool plus aux is keeping it from cooling down....let me hear of the stat action after the reset verify your temp setpoint for cooling and the unit is set for cooling with fan ON should show on the stat

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: