Overflow pan has water in it.

Old 07-28-11, 05:45 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Overflow pan has water in it.

My wife just noticed that the overflow pipe that sticks out of the house was dripping water. I remember during my inspection he said if water is ever coming out of there it needs to be checked. So I went upstairs and sure enough it was collecting water and luckily it was draining. So I sucked out all the water and turned the ac off for a while. Put in up on 78 and leaving it there. We have someone from our home warranty coming out and I hope it is just a clogged up primary pan on the inside.

Thanks for listening.

Old 07-28-11, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Not sure why you didn't just take the cover off and check the primary? Normally it leads somewhere outside as well, though some drain into a vent stack or similar.

A bit of suction and some bleach prob would have fixed it.

Your home warranty service pays for normal maintenance? That's likely what they'll say it is if it's just a clog and not a real failure. Don't be surprised if they charge you.

Old 07-28-11, 07:57 AM
D
Since I would not feel comfortable doing that and it is so freakin hot up in the attic, leave it to someone else to do it.

Old 07-28-11, 08:01 AM
D
Also a few weeks ago we had to put in a service request because under our bathroom sink was leaking. I thought it was the main hot water valve that was connected to the pipe that comes through the wall and did not want to mess with it. Come to find out, it was the hose that connected to the sink and to the main valve there. That seems like regular maintenance, but was covered as well to replace it. The guy that fixed it said he even had a hard time getting to it and fixing it, so I know I would have as well.

Old 07-28-11, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Well, you're having better luck with your warranty people than what most people report. Hope it works out. You should ask whoever shows up to explain where the primary drain goes. Could save a lot of hassle in the future.

Old 07-28-11, 09:54 AM
D
Problem is I will not be home when they come. My wife is a teacher and out for the summer so she is the one who will be there.

Old 07-28-11, 09:58 AM
D
Yea everytime I needed warranty work in the past 2 years, which has only been 3 times, they always had someone out the next day or day after that when I call.

Old 07-28-11, 03:38 PM
S
just enough dust and dirt can collect in the primary trap to back it up and use that emergency pan as designed...just a tip find out where the priamry drain line is draining so you can check that one during the season should mave dripping most of the time as the AC runs..warrenty works well when backed up as you have it...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: