stupid air conditioner

Old 07-28-11, 04:25 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
stupid air conditioner

I purchased an ac from a contact at a supply store. He sold me a 2.5 ton condenser and a 3 ton coil, said it would be better for dehumidification. I had a tech come out to do the install but he said that the coil oriface should be changed to a smaller size as it comes as a 3 ton coil.(said the oriface should be sized as a 2.5 ton and that usually comes with the condensor, but it was not there.) Long story short, he can't get the right oriface. He said I should buy a 2.5 ton coil with a txv or find the right oriface. Supplier said he can't find the oriface either because different refrigerant being phased out. But he recommended adding a txv to the existing 3 ton coil. Tech said no to this as it is not a 3 ton condensor. Should I get a new technician or a new supplier?

Old 07-28-11, 05:42 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Both find a contractor that will size purchase and install the equipment. With what you have your on your way to not being happy on install and energy usage. Find a contractor that does not pay there people comition.

Old 07-28-11, 06:56 PM
B
Sorry, maybe I confused you. The technician and the supplier are completely separate. They do not work together. I hired the technician to install the product I had purchased from the supplier.

Old 07-29-11, 02:55 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
get a txv for a 2.5 ton ...problem solved.

Old 07-29-11, 07:45 PM
R
+1 for hvactech. 2.5 ton txv

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: