What is the SEER rating of my AC Evaporator?

Old 07-30-11, 12:20 PM
What is the SEER rating of my AC Evaporator?

I recently had a new Coleman HVAC system installed. The customer booklet for each unit stated the following. The "Outdoor Split-System Air Conditioner" is model #TCJF36S41S3A, and rated at 14.5 SEER. The "Residential Gas furnace" is model #TM8X100C16MP11A, with a "Single Stage Multi-position / Low NOx with High-Efficiency Motor.

So far, I've only had a chance to use the AC, and the unit seems to be working fine, but I do have a concern. On the invoice I received prior to the install, it stated I was purchasing an 80% Coleman furnace and a 16.25 SEER Condensing Unit with Cased Coil. But the customer booklet I was given after the install is saying it's a 14.5 SEER Condensing Unit. Based on information from another forum, you can sometimes install a larger evaporator coil and raise a 14.5 SEER rating to a 16.25 SEER rating. Unfortunately, no customer booklet came with the evaporator coil (model # FC48C3XN1H). Can anyone tell me what the SEER rating for this component is?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-11, 12:41 PM
its not rated in seer. You need to check the manual for the condenser to check to see if the evap coil is matched to the outdoor unit to make it 16 seer.