A/C unit not working after fix. whats my next step.

Old 07-30-11, 02:15 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C unit not working after fix. whats my next step.

Hello everyone,

I hope i can get some help here

Monday night i came home from work to a warm house. the thermostat read 87 inside and the ac was on. i went outside an notice the unit was not running at all. I called my heating and cooling place and they came out and told me i had a bad condenser fan motor and it needed to be replaced. I replaced the condenser motor and capacitor as well and the unit fired up right as rain. it has been about 6 hours since i turned the ac unit back on and im not feeling any cold air yet. i replaced the filters and i do not want to spend another $110 for someone to come out and tell me what is wrong again. Does anyone have an idea what my next step should be.

Old 07-30-11, 03:52 PM
G
Received 28 Upvotes on 27 Posts
Are the the indoor and outdoor fans both running? Is the compressor running? Is the refrigerant vapor line, connecting to the condenser, cold? I take it that you hired the guy to diagnose only, but not fix? In retrospect, it would have been best for him to fix and then check performance before he left. If there are two problems, your approach might just turn up one of them. Now, I think you may be on the hook for a second trip.

Old 07-31-11, 08:16 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Did the unit have 2 capacitors before? How did you wire the motor and capacitors?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: