Compressor kickstart and time delay

Old 08-05-11, 08:54 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Compressor kickstart and time delay

Hello all. So today I had a start Time delay and kick start added to my compressor. Reason for time delay is because of the many power flickers we have in the area and kickstart since I was told it helps the compressor a bit during start up. I think it is just a coincidence what I am experiencing tonight but I noticed it took almost two hours to drop the temp from 77 to 73 where it would take before less then one hour. Can this kick start by chance not allow the compressor to run at the correct amperage causing it longer to reach temps? Actually it just turn on a bit ago since the temps now increased to 74 and it seems to be taking a bit to get to the set temp of 73. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-06-11, 12:48 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hard start kits have a potential relay built into them and are only operational for a mere second or two before they are taken out of the circuit. its meant to assist in the starting of a compressor for reasons such as: compressor starting to fail or non-equalizing txv installed on system. whats the time delay doing exactly? if you are worried about a brown out condition you should install a voltage monitor rather than a time delay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: