Urgent! Ac leaking!

Old 08-07-11, 10:08 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Urgent! Ac leaking!

Good afternoon everyone. I'm living in a recently-built house, approx. 6 years old house. And we've never had a major issue with the AC. I'm living @Texas, so you can assume the AC is always running. The only maintenance we made was replacing the AC filter whenever it was time to do so. Some days ago, the AC started making a different, louder noise than the usual smooth inconspicuous one. We didn't know what was wrong, then I identified it as a dripping sound. The AC still works. Yesterday, it was brought to my attention that the floor surrounding the AC area is wet, so it's definitely leaking. We turned it off immediately. I opened the door, and it looks normal, no water, no loose pipes, nothing.

I wonder if any of you guys know what's going on, and how I could fix it, instead of calling the AC guys and pay a fortune for something we could do.
I'm attaching some pictures below.
Thank you and have a nice day. (:

Old 08-07-11, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Most likely your primary drain ( white PVC pipes, the one to the right with the cap on it I think) is clogged and possibly the secondary as well.

See if that cap will come off...though looks like it's glued (dunno why it would be) and see if there is standing water in the line.

May have to take some panels off of the bottom of the unit to find the issue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: