Blowing cold, but hardly blowing

Old 08-10-11, 03:25 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Blowing cold, but hardly blowing

I've had this problem before, but it seems to have a different cause this time.

My central air unit is working, as in blowing cold air, but none of it is coming up through the vents. You can feel that there is cold in the vent, but it isn't exactly blowing.

When I first bought the place, there was a giant hole in the duct under the house and the floor above that hole was cold, but the vents yielded as much cold air as they are now. That should have been an easy fix, but I paid someone to take care of it and I can't afford to do the same now.

I looked under the house, but can't find a hole in the duct. The unit was making weird noises the day before this became a problem. It was like it was working overtime and whirring in and out instead of steadily. It was working at the time, so I put off diagnosing the problem--now it's a real problem. Any advice? It's over 100 in my house and I need to try to do something.

Old 08-10-11, 06:31 AM
C
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Check your filter and evaporator coil to make sure they are clean.

Old 08-12-11, 04:35 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
with the fan running inside how is it to remove the access door on the furnace..should suck bigtime air....same as your return is IT.check the rounds on the fan squirrel they might be rounded with dust dirt....should be clean metal when you run your index finger along them....but get back on the return air and that access panel test....fan in cooling should be HI speed.when the unit ondenser is running switching the FAN from AUTO/ON the speed should be the same when cooling...all on is the fan stays on when the cooling is satisfied...FYI if not known

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: