Chlorine dioxide to rid mold

Old 10-10-11, 05:23 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chlorine dioxide to rid mold

AC tech said he's seen some mold on the coil and suggested spraying chlorine dioxide over the coil then brushing it, wiping it down and then to be sure to run the AC to dry it. Anyone ever hear about this? Does it make sense? Is it safe? And what would be another way to rid the mold without installing uv light? Thanks.
Old 10-10-11, 04:32 PM
airman.1994's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 5,491
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
How about just cleaning the coil with coil cleaner. Has work for me the last 17 years!!!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: