my next step? LPC problem...

Old 10-23-11, 03:01 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
my next step? LPC problem...

outside ac unit stopped.
amana asx160601ac

i have learned and checked alot in the last couple of days.

thermostat is good. 24v at outside unit.

contactor not engaging because on side of 24v not energized.

traced it back to LPC (low pressue control)

this unit has HPC and wired in series from therom and output to contactor. I have 24v on both sides of HPC and that gives me 24v going to LPC but nothing on output.

service manuals on tell thresholds that pressure should be when control opens or closes.

is it time to call a pro to test the lines? how can i tell if LPC is good or bad? i have the elect. experience to test items but never have worked on the pressurized side. can i test pressure?

Old 10-23-11, 04:52 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Yes, it is time to call a professional. Unless you have a permit issued by the US Environmental Protection Agency allowing you to work with refrigerants it is a violation of federal law to even connect gauges to your system. If I remember correctly the fine is upwards of $25,000 and/or prison time.

Old 10-24-11, 07:23 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks, that is what I was thinking, but needed that push. too bad there is no way to test that Low Pressure Control without gauges.

Surprised to find out that I cant even hook up a diagnostic gauge of some type, but I will make the call.

At least I now understand all of the electronics under the hood, so the time wasn't wasted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: