AC heating

Old 01-05-12, 05:09 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AC heating

My AC heating strip is not comming on. I had a tech who cleans AC's tell after he cleaned the system it may be the relay or the conditioner--The cooling runs fine and when I select heat wi8th the stat it clicks which in dicates it is calling for heat. The tech checked the draw in the heat position when he I guess over rode the (whatever) and said it was drawinf 20 amps and that shoud be up to 45 amps. I have experience with electronin systems as a calibration technician and a flight simulator techinician so I have to knowlege to to know how to change electronic parts. My question is how manys amps will the heating strip draw and how do I reconize the controle/conditioner for the heat cyle. It its a 3 ton AC.
thanks in advance

Old 01-05-12, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
the amp draw would depend on how many KW of heat strip you have. The amp draw should be listed on the rating plate of the strip heater unit.

Old 01-06-12, 07:20 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dionogist--done

The AC guy found the Stat faulty- cost $86- now to find the right stat for heating and cooling. One with a digital desplay and not programable--trying to save for peanut butter

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: