1.5 story house each with thermostat, not heating or cooling right

Old 01-30-12, 10:43 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1.5 story house each with thermostat, not heating or cooling right

Our home is about 4 yrs old and is a 1.5 story house. It has a thermostat downstairs under the stairs before the bedroom and an upstairs thermostat in the hallway on the opposite wall of the stairs entrance. In the summer the bed rooms are extremely hot and in the winter they are super cold. I believe its getting the heat from downstairs and making the thermostat think the upstairs is heated. Our system doesnt have zoning (that i think). Will I just have to relocate the thermostat, possibly in one of the bedrooms or will moving it further down the hall work? Its a bit annoying. I need help or good ideas!!

Old 01-31-12, 07:14 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If possible I would try moving the thermostat to a different location. It would also be a good idea to know for sure if your system is zoned or if you have to systems or what is going on with your hvac system. Best way to do this is have an inspection of the hvac by a professional.

Old 02-01-12, 10:16 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you could try leaving the doors to the rooms open. most people tend to shut them for some reason. You could try leaving fan "on" on the thermostat, it should circulate the air better. Do these rooms have adequate duct sizes or are there even supplies in said rooms?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: