Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Air Conditioning and Cooling Systems
Reload this Page >

Need Help With Carrier Infinity System Thermostat Replacement/Honeywell Prestige

Need Help With Carrier Infinity System Thermostat Replacement/Honeywell Prestige

Old 02-06-12, 06:38 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have a carrier Infinity System that is primarily AC, but also has an electric heat package installed. The system has the following equipment:

FE4A Air Handler
38TBD06 Puron 2 speed Outdoor Unit
SYSTXCCUID01 Infinity Thermostat

Apparently, the system is a two speed compressor and multi-fan speed air handler that is equipped with the communications type control.

The problem with this six year old system lies with the fact that the thermostat has been replaced seven times in six years. I have had the installer, Carrier and three independent HVAC people look at the system and they cannot figure out why the thermostat keeps dying. They have replaced the circuit boards in the air handler and outdoor unit twice to no avail.

I recently had the other heating and cooling equipment in the house changed over to the Honeywell Prestige thermostat and wanted to find out if I could use it on the Carrier Infinity System and, if it is possible to use it, how to wire it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-24-12, 04:01 AM
B
AC problem

Is the AC the same age as the air handler?

Old 02-24-12, 04:16 AM
B
Although the TDB AC unit is compatible with a 24v control, The FE fan coil is designed to be used exclusively with the SYSTX... Control.
I would start by replacing the low voltage wiring between the control, air handler and AC. Replace with 18 ga stranded/ shielded wire to eliminate comm issues.
Also check for line voltage circuit issues ... MCA of AC, wire gauge, connections at disconnect and panel and breaker at panel. Any circuit interruptions or loose connections can affect the system control.Line voltage should be checked by qualified electrician.

Old 02-24-12, 12:06 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Yes you can use that control, but I would opt for the Prestige IAQ or the vision pro IAQ.

AHU manual http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...im-fe4a-03.pdf

AC manual http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...im-fe4a-03.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: