Honeywell H46E1013 humidistat with a/c

Old 02-18-12, 11:12 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell H46E1013 humidistat with a/c

We have a Honeywell H46E1013 humidistat that is connected to our condo a/c (central) unit. How I understand it is that if the humidity rises above the set point, no matter what the thermostat is set at, the A/c should come on. Is that correct?

I turned the humidistat down and heard a click, but a/c did not come on. I was thinking of taking it out and shorting the two wires that are attached to the humidistat. Then the a/c should start.

Is that correct?

Thanks.
Dave

Old 02-18-12, 11:37 AM
D
So, the plot thickens.....I checked it out, and the humidistat is wired in series with our thermostat. So it acts to shut off the a/c when I turn it higher.

How would I set this when we are away so we do not get mold? We are away for months at a time in the summer.

I have been setting it to 65% and thermostat to 82. What would be the proper setting to prevent issues with mold? As I understand it, for the a/c to work, both the humidistat and thermostat would have to be calling for the a/c to run.

Thanks again.

Old 02-18-12, 03:18 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
you would set the thermostat as low as you would like the temperature to be on cooling. Next you would set the humidistat where you would like the humidity to stay.

With the humidistat set at 65% and stat at 82 both the temp would have to be above 82 and the humidity would have to be above 65% inorder for the a/c to run.

You want the humidity around 50 - 60%

Old 02-18-12, 04:39 PM
D
I was thinking about when we are not here (in FL) in the summer. I was going to set humidistat to 65% and a/c thermostat to 80. Do you think that would be adequate to prevent mold formation? Or should I set thermostat lower? That way, only humidistat would have to turn on a/c, sine they are wired in series.

Old 02-18-12, 05:14 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
I would think would be ok, or maybe lower the humidistat more.

Old 02-19-12, 04:04 AM
D
Thanks very much for your advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: