clean evaporator coil

Old 03-16-12, 07:38 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
clean evaporator coil

I have a 2 ton goodman heat pump. It'll cool for 3 hours then it stops blowing for the most part and air coming out isn't as cold.unit is kept uder a covered porch outside on the lake. Tough environment. Evap coils nvr cleaned. I open unit and can see it but don't know best way to clean. Can't spray chermicals unless I can clean real good with water hose? Any help?

Old 03-16-12, 11:16 AM
C
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
First, you need to find out why it only cool for 3 hours, After that what happen ?,
check to see if fans (both inside and outside) and compressor are still running at that time. Dirty coil may cause problems (depends on how dirty), but it may not be the cause of your problem.

Old 03-20-12, 06:02 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you can see/access A-coil use SOFT coil brush. If that sh#t looks like felt, just go manual, find a loose corner and try to pull off a single sheet. But if your coil is that dirty, so is your blower. Does your low pressure lines get frosty after that three hrs? Clean all airways possible, then check your pressures, you may end up overcharged after you fix your airflow issues.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: