lennox go203q/4e-100-5 stop working

Old 03-31-12, 09:10 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
lennox go203q/4e-100-5 stop working

hi everyone, my 15-year old furnace lennox g203q/4e-100-5 stopped working recently. it happened the following way. we came back after one-week leave and found the furnace blower fan was running and i turned it off by shut off the main switcher on the furnace but the temperature was way above the temperature i set on the thermostat because of the warm weather that day. the weather was warm for past two weeks in chicago till few days ago in the morning i wake up noticing the furnace blower kept running but the furnace didn't came on. it only blew the cold air. i turned it off the same way as i did before. i checked the furnace and found.

1. i can hear the spark "tick tick" sound for around 15 seconds when i hold down the blower door safety switcher and at that time period the led lights on green on control board.
2. the pilot never lights up and i pretty sure there is no gas coming out.
3. the blower fan never kick on during that time period.

could anybody help me out on this? just want to know if this is something i can fix before calling the service guy.
thanks a lot
peter

Old 03-31-12, 09:41 AM
E
Well then thats your problem. Your not getting gas. Check to make sure the gas cocks are open on the gas lines and check to see if your getting 24 volts to the gas valve inside the furnace. If you are, then it may be the gas valve gone bad. Or the gas is shut off somewhere either than or maybe you just hear the tick tick, but you need to verify that you can see a spark.

Old 03-31-12, 10:53 AM
P
thank you very much ender2272, i checked and did not see any sparks although i can hear the
spark sounds like "tick tick tick..." what should i check next?

Old 03-31-12, 11:19 AM
E
You could hold a long lighter near the spark at the burners while it does its thing and it should light, this will confirm if theres gas or not. the wire that produces a spark either goes from the burners to down below to the circuit board or to a grey box of some kind, either way they both have this cylinder that sticks out a little, if you trace the wire you should see it easily. Your next step is to take the wire out of that cylinder, cut the end off, strip the wire and put a new connector on the end and hook it back up to the cylinder. Sometimes the wire gets corroded and can't produce a spark.

Old 03-31-12, 12:08 PM
P
thank you very much and will try it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: