410 charging

Old 04-09-12, 10:21 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile 410 charging

Have been doing A/C work for decades but am only now doing my first 410 system. New C/U, Coil and Furnace. appr. 45 foot line-set will be flushed. Any tips on how to get a decent charge without going through the Super-heat, Sub-Cool, dry bulb, wet bulb complexities? New Goodman 5 ton C/U is charged of course. Can I approximate a weight amount for the 45 foot line-set and call it a day? The concerns of R-22 days, so to say, was the the concern of running the system below 32 degrees and it's corresponding pressure of around 58 psig. Have to look see what the equivelant pressure is for 32 degrees for 410a. Is the PRIMARY concern for 410a the same? That is, not going below 32 degrees and or it's equivelant pressure. I plan to charge the unit on a "Warm day" sometime this week (hopefully) as it is not yet Summer. I guess what I am asking is can I charge by the "seat of my pants" as I have been doing for most of my career? Another concern I have is that the house is a 2000 sq foot house but the old equipment was poorly mis-matched all the way around. The new goodman blower fan at high speed (I tested it already) is a little noisy (vibrates a little more than the customer may be happy with). Medium high is nice. Hope it won't cause any low pressure problems? Any tip at all will be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-10-12, 03:11 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
410 is more "touchy" than 22, you can't really just hold the suction line and wait for "the bite" to come. But you do need to charge it as a liquid instead of a vapor.

Old 04-10-12, 03:52 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: