AC System Replacement

Old 04-10-12, 12:33 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC System Replacement

I currently have two (2) 2 1/2 ton AC units for my two story house in AZ. They are north of 15 years old, currently exceeds my home repair capabilities, and has several freon leaks. The company I have chosen has indicated that it would be better to replace these two (2) units with a single, dual stage, five (5) ton unit. Does anyone have any experience with this? It is cheaper on the installation cost. I am told that at a SEER 16 rating it will cost less to run than my two older units. The dual thermostats will still function normal. I can even add a single whole house air purification system. But the question remains in my head: Is the single dual stage unit a suitable replacement?
Thanks... in advance.
Mark

Old 04-10-12, 04:00 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
NO, NO, NO!!! This is not at all a good idea! You need to find out more information on how they plan to do this, my guess is to add zoning and tie the 2 duct systems together. This should be avoided at all cost. You will always have better system control and operation and efficiency from 2 separate systems.

Old 04-11-12, 11:50 AM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree with the Moderator. You should get more estimates. More than likely your systems arent as bad as they say

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: