A/C Condenser job left unfinished

Old 04-21-12, 03:36 PM
A/C Condenser job left unfinished

Last year near the end of summer I installed a new furnace and central air. I had someone come and do the duct work and hook up the condenser. However the left the job unfinished and never returned. There was no power run to the disconnect box and the guy said something about not releasing the refrigerant from the unit until it was ready to run.
Well summer will soon be here and I'm wondering if I need to call someone or if I can finish the job.
I ran 10/2 NM-B wire to the Disconnect box with a 30 amp 2 pole breaker. Now i'm not sure if there is any thing else that needs to be done or if I can just power it up and turn the thermostat to cool?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-12, 03:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like we still need to pressure test, pull a vacuum, open the valves and set the charge. Call a pro to finish this installation.

Old 04-21-12, 05:29 PM
Houston is correct. The commisioning of the unit will need to be done by an epa certified tech.

Old 04-22-12, 04:27 AM
Thank you for confirming what I thought... just didn't want to pay someone to come out and tell me to turn it on... better safe than sorry...