Lennox central a/c unit hs21 - 651 -1p wont start

Old 05-26-12, 01:00 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox central a/c unit hs21 - 651 -1p wont start

my outdoor compressor unit will not start up. I have clean up the outdoor unit so are you believe the sensors are reading proper air flow. I am getting a diagnostic code number 4 light. I guess this indicates blockage or fan failure. it wouldn't start a few times last year and they just played around with the inside control panel. turning it on and off exedra that usually got it to go. this year no dice. there are also the y 1 and y 2 light on outside. or maybe they are the ds1- ds2 light. I'm not sure how is read. any help would be appreciated. I'm also wondering if there is a way to jump the motor to see if it's good. I would like to rule that out before calling a professional in .

Old 05-26-12, 01:56 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
are you getting light #4 at the outdoor unit?? if you are thats means you have an open pressure switch. if its the low switch, your unit is close to being flat if its the high one thats where your blockage will come into play. you either have no condenser fan running or your coil is packed full of dirt and air can't get through to condense your refrigerant and lower your pressure. check to see if the condenser fan is on during operation. if not try cleaning your coil. with the power to the unit off start by removing the four large hex head screws for the fan guard. get a hose with a wand on it and wash the coil from inside out. replace the fan guard, restore power and check for operation. hope this helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: