trane xe1000 compressor will not start. fan runs. suggestions? help??

Old 05-26-12, 08:54 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
trane xe1000 compressor will not start. fan runs. suggestions? help??

hello i have a trane xe1000 that im helping a buddy try and figure out. the compressor is not coming on. there is power to the unit. checked the contactor, 240vac in and out. 240 vac at the compressor across red and black wires. three wires on compressor. red, black, and orange. orange appears to go to a aluminum can sized cylinder beside the contactor. checked pressure in lines. 150 psi in both sides. i found one cap in there that was replaced three weeks ago when the fan went belly up. did not check it. is there a startup cap for this thing? given that i have 240v at the compressor, bad compressor? just for curiosity why the high pressure? i have a recovery license for automotive and am not familiar with operating pressure of r-22. also there is a circuit board in there with a led flashing on it. flashes 29 times and then a double flash and then repeats the pattern. does it give failt codes? any help would be greatly appreciated. he has 4 kids, 8,6,3, and 18months and a pi@#ed off wife right now. will be back at it manana first thing. thanks!!

Old 05-26-12, 10:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts

orange appears to go to a aluminum can sized cylinder beside the contactor
That is the compressor run capacitor. Is that the cap recently replaced?

The hard start kit is shown in color in this diagram and probably not installed if you do not see a plastic black capacitor.

Old 05-27-12, 08:08 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. Doesn't appear to have been replaced. He had a fan motor put on a month ago and looks like they replaced a cap over to the right of the board. I'll check the run cap for power when I get there. Any thoughts on the board flashing a fault code?

Old 05-27-12, 01:52 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Thats not a fault code. A fault code would be a constant multiple flash.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: