No air coming from vents

Old 06-04-12, 09:09 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No air coming from vents

Split system ac, Amana distinction series outside, Lennox G40UHX inside, came home and house hotter than . . . well you know, sounds like fan running but no air coming out, and condensor fan not running. top center of outside unit burned me hand ! figured it overheated so I shut it down then jumped online ( best free education anywhere) since it was hotter than usual for Las Vegas, I thought frozen coils, and let autofan do it's job. Coupla hours later restarted system, (yeah condensor fan starts right up) but still no air coming out of vents then cond fan shuts down again . Help ! Am on disability and estranged hubby let home warranty lapse - also, Amana (Goodman mfg) unit warrants with prorated reimbursement (if it's an outside unit issue) During t/s discovered combustion air inducer not running, Lennox manual does not address, could this be the problem and how do I fix ?

Old 06-04-12, 01:04 PM
E
sounds like you have two problems. switch the fan to "on" on the thermostat. can you feel air now? if not you have a bad blower or its not getting power. the outside fan runs until it gets hot and shuts off, that needs replacing too. any technician would charge you around 700 dollars for both. but if you are disabled it wont be easy to replace.

Old 06-04-12, 02:23 PM
Received 57 Upvotes on 50 Posts
^Could be a bad condenser fan run cap

Old 06-06-12, 05:46 PM
R
set your stat to the on position. does your indoor fan run??? if not then it can be a couple different things. its not the transformer because the outside unit comes on. so it's possibly the run cap for the motor, the board, or the motor itself all of which can be checked with a voltmeter and basic electrical knowledge and good safety techniques. if you have a voltmeter let us know so we can tell you how to check the next step.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: