A.c Problems

Old 06-19-12, 01:24 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A.c Problems

We had a Amana 2.5 ton ac installed about 5 yrs ago. The first yr worked great and then every year since then they had to recharge. They found a leak and fixed it. This year noticed it wasn't cooling well and called them out again, It was good on charge this time. I have had it set to 72 for the last 2 days and it never stops running,actually it went up 5 degrees today in the house, mid 80's outside. Filter is clean,outside unit has been cleaned and there appears to be no ice build up on the furnace coil like when it was low on charge. Any ideas whats up? A.C guy dont understand whats going on either? We are cooling only the upstairs of home @1250 SF and the basement vents are closed for the summer. Home is well insulated and build in 2006.

Old 06-19-12, 02:53 PM
E
Do you have a thermometer? Could you measure the air coming out of the vents and tell me what temperature it is. Is it a r410 or r22 system? What was replaced 5 years ago? The system or just the outdoor unit? Is it a heat pump? Is the furnace in the attic? To be honest it sounds like you have run out of freon completely, but there could be a million reasons why its not cooling.

Old 06-19-12, 05:02 PM
C
I dont have a thermometer. The entire system was brand new in 06 or 07. They checked the charge last week and said it was good. Not heat pump. Furnace is in basement. not sure if its a 410 or r-22. Model# is rcb30c2c

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: