is it really wokring

Old 06-24-12, 07:10 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
is it really wokring

Ok so if it’s not one thing it’s another. outside 96 degrees inside 86

My air is flowing and it is not cold

I go outside and the condenser is running and it will turn off not running very long. But the house air is not very cold and is not cooling the house down. The pipes that go to and from the ac unit are not cold or hot just what i would expect it to be from the normal air around it.

Ideas?

Not used much at all only 7 years old.

Old 06-24-12, 07:49 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
low on charge......or compressor is not running and only the fan is running. This would make sense as to why you had a fuse blown

Old 06-24-12, 08:32 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The fuse was my fault i moves it and did not get it seated in I dont know how to tell if the compresser is working? Is it work the cost to have some come check it and fill it or would i be smart to try it myself?

Old 06-24-12, 10:38 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If the compressor is working, then the large insulated pipe should get cold and the small uninsulated pipe should get warm. You should be able to hear two distinct sounds from the outdoor unit. The compressor will start nearly instantly once the contactor pulls in, then you'll hear the fan. The compressor sounds similar to the hum of a running refrigerator/freezer.

You can not check or fill the refrigerant yourself. It must be done by a licensed tech.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: