Need Help!! Tempstar Furnace/Air Handler cycling problems.

Old 07-08-12, 07:31 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need Help!! Tempstar Furnace/Air Handler cycling problems.

I had my a/c unit charged last month and everything worked fine for a month. All of the sudden I notice the blower turns on for about 1 minute then shuts down for a couple of minutes then repeats. Unit worked perfectly after it was charged until now. I have changed the fan control board and thermostat and the problem continues.
Also have noticed that the unit will not cool down lower than 78 degrees throughout the day but will get lower in the evening.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Old 07-08-12, 07:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
Any water in the pan under the evaporator coil?
Does it have a float switch?

Old 07-09-12, 10:04 AM
C
It does have a float switch.
Initially, there was a ton of water in the pan. I cleared out all of the water and the pan is dry. Also cleaned out the drain pipe and its draining extremely well ( a steady stream of water when unit is on). Don't know what else to try.

Old 07-09-12, 06:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
Try temporaily bypassing the float switch.
Did the water travel through the furnace to get to the pan, possibly damaging the control board?

Old 07-18-12, 06:21 PM
C
Sorry, got caught up on another project and haven't had the traffic in and out of the house to notice the issue but did notice it again today.
My unit is in the attic area above the garage and placed horizontally with the fan control board and controls to the right. I have not opened anything to the left for fear of screwing something up. Should I remove the tape and panels and inspect the area above the drip pan and if so, what should I be looking for.
Thank you in advance for your help! This has been better than anyone else I've spoken with.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: