Tempstar unit

Old 07-11-12, 02:48 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tempstar unit

Blower motor comes on when thermostat cycles 2 or 3 times and then may not come on the next time.Can turn main power off and back on and fan will come on again for a few more cycles and then not come on again.What should I check?

Old 07-11-12, 04:13 PM
E
Hmm, im thinking. So a few cycles... About how long would that be?

Old 07-11-12, 05:46 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
While it is not working you need to check voltage to the motor. You can also check the motor for signs of oil leaking out. Does the motor groan when trying to start? It may need a new capacitor.

Old 07-11-12, 07:52 PM
J
It will run until reaches temp setting and will shut off and when thermostat calls for unit to come back on it will come back on.Usually it will do this for about 3 times.I have replaced thermostat and time delay relay and still having same problem.Also tried turning fan to on instead of auto and still having same issue.Motor has no noise ,is easy to turn and no oil coming from it.Model number is fem4p3600a if this may help.

Old 07-11-12, 07:55 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Voltage??????????????????????????????????????/

Old 07-12-12, 02:15 PM
The blower motor could be overheating for numerous reason & cutting off on the limit switch.

I hope you checked the run capacitor, if it checks out okay; then the sleeve bearings could be worn allowing misalignment & drag. That would require repairing or usually replacement of the motor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: