Trane Variable Speed Blower - "Fan On" Speed

Old 07-13-12, 03:37 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trane Variable Speed Blower - "Fan On" Speed

Yesterday I had a new Trane XV95 furnace and XL15i air conditioner system installed. However... even with the fan set to "on", the unit ramps down when there is no call for cooling. Due to the sprawling house layout and only having one HVAC system, I'm used to the constant air circulation to prevent stratifying.

Now, from lots of reading tonight I know this is normal Trane behavior. It may claim 50% airflow, but frankly it sounds/feels more like 25-33%.

At any rate, by searching I have found instructions on how to make the fan run all the time at 100%. However, some of the posts seemed to indicate that there might be a way to get 80% speed. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so how it can be done?

Thanks much!

Last edited by Sunfox; 07-13-12 at 05:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-12, 02:43 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
please post the instruction you have found for 100%

Old 07-13-12, 04:20 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Remove two Y wires, wirenut together, move jumper from between Y and O (for Comfort-R) to between Y and G. These were posted by Jay11R some years ago.

However, I'm now wondering if that would do anything funky to heat? Would what happens if the furnace gets a W1 heat call and it thinks the compressor is on because of the constant Y signal?

I'm using a Nest thermostat wired with R/Y/G/W1/W2.