AC worked on Thursday but blew out hot air on Friday.

Old 07-17-12, 07:42 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC worked on Thursday but blew out hot air on Friday.

Hey, I have an old all in one unit. (Heating and cooling) I had my unit serviced last September/October. Everything has been working great and have had no signs of a failing AC unit. Unfortunately on Friday the roofers moved my unit and actually raised it. After they left on Friday I turned on my AC unit at about 7:30PM PM then went down stairs. At 9:30 I came up and my condo was so hot it felt like a steam room. I contacted the roofing company to inform them that something was wrong after they moved it. They sent out a technician only to find out I have no Freon now. I have no signs of leaking (oil) anywhere and I was informed that when you have a freon leak you tend to find oil. Im not sure if this is 100% true but at this point the roofing company said they will only pay to have it diagnosed and not cover the repairs or replacement. I know my unit is over 20/25 years old but I also know it was working fine until they touched it. I need some advice on things to check. Also, if it was a fast leak will it still leave oil? I have read a few things and have found that you would only find oil if the condenser is damaged or leaking oil. Or does oil flow through the lines as well?

Old 07-18-12, 03:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
oil is an indicator of a leak, but you dont always see oil if it is a very small leak. Was the system completely void of refrigerant? If so, then it is likely the roofer punctured something. You wont lose all the refrigerant in 1 day unless there is a HUGE leak.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: