Need wiring help for Goodman outside unit

Old 07-29-12, 01:18 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Need wiring help for Goodman outside unit

My buddies AC went out and seems some mice were the culprit. I cannot find a wiring schematic anywhere so any help is much appreiated.

Model# is CPE36-1AB
Serial# 920012860

I need the wiring diagram for the 2 wires to the defrost pins, and the 2 black compressor wires. I believe that's all that was injested, the rest I can splice.

Attached Images   
Old 07-29-12, 05:19 PM
I
Well after messing around with it, I managed to patch up the wires and found out the two small black wires at the bottom of the compressor are for the heater.

The fan starts and the compressor tries to start but shuts off after 3-4 seconds. I removed the capacitor and across the common and fan terminals I get 4.4uf, across common and the lead for the compressor I get an "Above Limit" reading on my DMM.

Could this be a faulty cap if the values are this high for the compressor?

Old 07-30-12, 03:21 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
in order to test the capacitor you need to remove the leads from it. Sounds like it might possibly be a failed capacitor.

Old 07-30-12, 06:36 PM
I
I removed the cap when I tested and I only had 4.4 across the FAN terminal, HERM was above limit or out of range.

Compressor would vibrate slightly then shut off after about 5 seconds, low pressure line started to get cold and there were no squeaks or loud rattling coming fom the compressor....just seemed like it was trying to spool up but couldn't.

Homeowner opted to replace the entire HVAC system per previous recommendation instead of trying a new cap.

I tried.

Old 07-31-12, 07:21 AM
C
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Looks like a capacitor problem to me. but if they want a new system, that's up to them. this one looks pretty old anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: