Air Handler Issue

Old 07-29-12, 02:49 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Air Handler Issue

I have attached pics of my recently installed Air Handler (Was installed by a contractor). I am showing these as I believe the second set of drain pipe connections, which have had there cap removed should be closed off, but I would like to confirm. My A/C becomes unable to cool past 78 degrees in the hot afternoon. I am thinking that because these holes suck in a massive amount of hot air from my attic it could be mixing with the return air and dampening my ability to cool.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Name:  AC Close.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  24.3 KBName:  AC Far.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  31.9 KBName:  AC Mid.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  27.5 KB

Last edited by elfvis; 07-29-12 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-29-12, 02:59 PM
E
If its not getting the house cold, it is because there is a problem unrelated to this drain line. If you insist it is, put a piece of tape over it and wait and see.

Old 07-29-12, 03:05 PM
E
It does get cold, but in the late afternoon, it no longer can cool past 78 degrees, so the house steadly goes up to ~81 degrees. I was assuming this was due possibly to HOT air being sucked in from these two inlets. As I know the airhandler can only cool delta of the return air. So if the 100 degree air was mixing with the return air I would have VERY hot air that is being cooled rather then the homes return air.

Perhaps a more basic question is upon install do you plug up the unused drain inputs? As I do not use my vertical set (which suck in air), should the contrator have plugged them due to its attic location?

Last edited by elfvis; 07-29-12 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-29-12, 06:49 PM
E
Should he have plugged up a hole that sucks hot air from the attic and puts it into your house? Let me check the manual... Ya the manual says he should have.

Old 07-31-12, 02:41 PM
E
Thanks Ender that was all I need to get the courage up to tape the hole. House stayed 78 for the past 2 days now : P Angie's list will get my opinion of his work now :P

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: