Sizing a new hvac system

Old 08-09-12, 09:18 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sizing a new hvac system

Hi I'm new here and would appreciate some advice

I bought a 1800 sq foot house 1.5 stories with full basement and will be replacing the oil furnace and old ac unit with new higher efficiency ones.

I need to determine the proper size of the equipment to buy and not sure which brand offers the best value. My local supplier reccomends goodman but love to hear feedback.

So far with above average insulation and good replacement windows, I think I need a 2.5 ton blower and about 45k btu at registers

Any help or advice would be great

Old 08-09-12, 09:20 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,273 Upvotes on 1,213 Posts
Welcome to the forums

Best bet is to start with a heat load calculation - did your local supplier do this?

Old 08-09-12, 10:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi I'm new here and would appreciate some advice

I bought a 1800 sq foot house 1.5 stories with full basement and will be replacing the oil furnace and old ac unit with new higher efficiency ones.

I need to determine the proper size of the equipment to buy and not sure which brand offers the best value. My local supplier recommends Goodman but love to hear feedback.

So far with above average insulation and good replacement windows, I think I need a 2.5 ton blower and about 45k btu at registers. Any help or advice would be great.
Your climate area would be helpful.

First, do all you can to reduce the heat-gain heat-loss of your home; then have the room by room heating & cooling load calcs done.

At 95F outdoors; 75F indoors at 51% relative humidity, a 14-SEER; 1185-CFM airflow; a 2.5-Ton A/C will deliver only around 27,500-Btuh, not 45,000-Btuh.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: