Climatemaster Tranquility 27 3-ton geothermal shut-off valve location?

Old 09-01-12, 06:19 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Climatemaster Tranquility 27 3-ton geothermal shut-off valve location?

I received my Tranquility 27 3-ton horizontal unit the other week. I am in the process of installing the unit and I have ran into a question that I was hoping the community might be able to help with.

1. There was a red danger tag that states, "Installer Caution Damage Will Occur if shut-off valve is closed while unit is in operation." I have looked everywhere on the unit and I am unable to find any type of shut-off valve. Is the shut-off valve referring to the loop field valve, or is there one inside the unit that needs to be opened that is tied to the refrigeration system? Either way, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-01-12, 07:48 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
what is the model number of the unit? Have you read the manual?

Old 09-02-12, 06:49 AM
D
Yes, I have scoured the entire manual several times. The only other thing that I found in the manual was talking about adding a high pressure switch, "CAUTION! Many units are installed with a factory or field supplied manual or electric shut-off valve. DAMAGE WILL OCCUR if shut-off valve is closed during unit operation. A high pressure switch must be installed on the heat pump side of any field provided shut-off valves and connected to the heat pump controls in series withthe built-in refrigerant circuit high pressure switch to disable compressor operation if water pressure exceeds pressure switch setting. The field installed high pressure switch shall have a cut-out pressure of 300 psig and a cut-in pressure of 250 psig. This pressure switch can be ordered from ClimateMaster with a 1/4 internal flare connection as part number 39B0005N02."

Model Number: TTH038AFC01ARWS

I'm still not sure where the other shut-off valve they are referring to is located.

Old 09-02-12, 11:24 AM
you have an entering water and a leaving water pipe. Follow them in the unit and look for a valve. I can not locate a manual for your unit. It very well may be that there is no valve. Are you using an open loop or closed loop?

Old 09-05-12, 03:19 PM
D
There is nothing installed as of yet--the wells are being installed right now. The well driller will be installing the water lines which have ball valves for the supply and return. I'm mainly concerned that there is no shut-off valve for the refrigerant line or something crazy like that.

The loop field is in a closed configuration. The IOM manual can be found here.

http://www.climatemaster.com/downloads/97B0045N03.pdf

Old 09-05-12, 05:22 PM
no, there is no valve on the refrigerant system that can be shut.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: