HVAC Cool Level

Old 09-13-12, 03:16 PM
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
HVAC Cool Level

My HVAC produces cold air. But, I am not sure if it is my imagination or it is not as cold this year.

Question: Does the HVAC either produce cold air at different level depending on freon or is it set to produce cold air and the thermo regulate the room temperature? In other words, does the cold air varies or what will impact the degree of coolness.

Thanks

Old 09-13-12, 03:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Many factors can affect how much heat an air conditioning system can remove. Some things you can check are Delta T (temperature difference between supply and return), indoor and outdoor coil both need to be clean, filter should be clean, blower wheel should be clean, all vents and returns should not be closed or blocked. Refrigerant levels can be checked by a professional.

Old 09-13-12, 03:56 PM
Is there a site that shows how to clean the blower? I know how to clean the indoor and outdoor coils as well as the filter.

If refrigerant levels is leaking, I would know over time right?

It is producing cold air and removing hot air. I am still wondering if the job of an AC is to produce coolness in variation temperature or does it just produces one temperature and the thermo monitor the rest.

Thanks

Old 09-13-12, 05:14 PM
it produces a delta T... it varies based on many conditions.

To clean a blower, you remove the blower assembly and remove the motor and squirrel cage from the housing and wash them (not the motor )

Old 09-13-12, 05:24 PM
Thank you. Is it complicated or dangerous? Do I need to turn off the power to the entire house? Should I hire someone? How important is it to clean the blower? I don't think that I have ever cleaned mine.

I am useful enough that I can put in a hard start kit, clean the evaporator and condensor coil.

Old 09-13-12, 05:33 PM
If you change your filter regularly it should be fine. If you look at the cups of the squirrel cage and they are dirty then it may be worth it. You would need to shut power off to the furnace/air handler.

Old 09-13-12, 06:05 PM
Thanks

I also got my answer to an earlier question:

"I am still wondering if the job of an AC is to produce coolness in variation temperature or does it just produces one temperature and the thermo monitor the rest."

Read last paragraph.
How Does Air Conditioning Work?

The only other question is about leak. If there is a leak, I would know over time right? The last time an AC came out to service my AC is about 3 years ago. The AC is still producing cold air.

Old 09-16-12, 11:21 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool level? Air conditioning does not add cool, it removes heat. Delta T which is the difference between the entering air temp and leaving air temp should be between 16 to 22 degree's. The hotter your entering air the larger the difference you should expect and in turn the cooler the air entering is, the lower your difference will be.

Last edited by hvactechfw; 09-16-12 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Removed non-beneficial info

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: