CH & Air Not Blowing

Old 09-18-12, 07:39 AM
CH & Air Not Blowing

My unit is about 7-8 years old. The unit will run outside but nothing comes out of the vents in the house. It is a single unit, electric air and gas heat. The blower motor should not be bad right. Is there something that would cause the blower to not spin, a relay or something? New blower is about $600 that I don't have.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-12, 08:17 AM
Unit not blowing

The unit has been off for 2 hrs and it is now blowing some. I can hear the blower motor runing with the fan on. I can look in the unit and see ice on the condensor? blue cylinder a foot tall and on the lines. This unit is only about 7 years old. It should not be leaking freon. I know low freon will cause the lines to freeze up. Will a dirty air filter also cause this? The filter is dirty and I noticed it was being sucked more into the return than normal.

Old 09-18-12, 12:28 PM
Ok the unit is thawed and a new filter installed. Seems to be blowing fine. Would a dirty filter cause this or is it low on freon? Why would it be low its 7 yrs old.

Old 09-18-12, 06:10 PM
a plugged filter would cause the problem. I would wait to see how it does with everything thawed out. If it freezes again then you need to have the charge checked by a pro.