Cooling and heating issue related?

Old 10-09-12, 05:15 AM
Cooling and heating issue related?

I have a Thermal Zone A/C furnace (gas) mod. GU100M168-S. Every so often when cooling the outside unit would come on as normal and the inside blower would not causing a freeze up. Shut everything down allow to thaw out, restart alls well till the next time. Replaced thermostat and cleaned all connections on c/b, no more issues until turned on heat. 1st 2 days worked good. Now no start sequence. 2-3 flashes saying stuck open or closed pressure switch. Press. switch appears to be working. Do I have a board issue?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-12, 06:08 PM
quite possibly you do have a board issue. How did oyu check the pressure switch? The proper way to check is with a manometer.

Old 10-22-12, 10:47 AM
Time for a board

I checked with a VOM. At this point I cannot even command the main blower on continuous. If in A/c mode no blower means A coil freezes up. In heat mode it just shuts down so the relay that controls the blower is bad. I purchased a Honeywell S9200U1000 universal Board as it is the 1 called for as a replacement for mine. They give you pigtails that plug into the existing harness. the problem is when I check the instructions they say the wiring supplied with the new adapter pigtails does not go the place on my furnace that the new board calls out. In order to make this work I'm going to have to repin the pig tails. I called Honeywell and they said they do not support these boards and I will have to call a local contractor. The Furnace I have is a Thermal Zone, and the board is evidently a Nordyne 624591-C, 1012-955, 1012-83-9552D HSCI. Is repining the wires in the plugs normal? Am I missing something stupid? Any help would be appreciated. By the way I did jump around the board and the blower works as commanded.
Thanks

Old 10-22-12, 12:06 PM
You need an OEM control board for your furnace. You should not have to repin the molex plugs. Honeywell already told you that the universal board you purchased will NOT work as a replacement.

Old 10-23-12, 04:34 AM
New board ordered

Thanks, but Honeywell did not tell me the board wouldn't work, they said they would not provide any kind of technical support. Beside the point I ordered an updated OEM board last night.

Thanks