AC won't turn on

Old 11-05-12, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AC won't turn on

Just bought a house. The listing agent cut the wires to the thermostat so people wouldnt turn it on. I currently have the following wires coming out of the wall.

blue, brown, red, green, yellow, white

I traced the wires back to the unit in the attic and the wires were going to the following terminals.

blue & brown - C
red - R
green - G
yellow - Y
white - W

I have a Ritetemp 8030C and also bought a Honeywell CT87N when I couldnt get my AC to kick on. I tried connecting everything together on either thermostat and nothing. I connected the red to RC on the Ritetemp and to the RC with the jumper with RH on the Honeywell. I do not know where to connect the brown and the blue, but I did try connecting them to some of the terminals and nothing. Breaker has been checked.

When I went into the attic I noticed a small module that had an LED screen on it but there were nothing on the screen. It had an and and down arrow button and like a square button.

If someone could help me out and let me know what I am missing I would greatly appreciate it!

-Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-12, 01:04 PM
Ok,. so I did some research,. if there is a fuse in the module,. it could have blown,. also if there isnt a fuse then maybe my transformer blew,.

Old 11-05-12, 06:32 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track to diagnosing what is wrong at this point.

Old 11-06-12, 07:44 AM
yeah gonna try to fix it this weekend,. I'll post my results

Old 11-15-12, 10:47 AM
I had it wired up right,. there was a 3A fuse in the attic unit that was out,. replaced it and works great!