jbreeggemann: Temporarily Moving AC

Old 12-08-12, 01:01 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
jbreeggemann: Temporarily Moving AC

I have a similar question.

Right now my A/C unit is sitting on a 3x3 concrete slab outside my backdoor. Currently, there is no patio and I walk right out of the door and into the mud. I'd like to put in a patio and I'm afraid that running my new patio up to the concrete slab will look ridiculous, so I'd like to move the A/C unit while the patio is installed and then place it back in the same location but on top of the patio instead of on top of the concrete slab (the slab will be removed).

Would placing an A/C unit on top of paver patio be a problem (water runoff)?

Would I still need a technician to connect/disconnect and about how much would that cost?

Thanks,
Jason

Old 12-09-12, 12:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Would I still need a technician to connect/disconnect and about how much would that cost?
We can't see what you are working with there. Normally there is no spare copper line set at the compressor. So that would mean you would probably have to have the condenser temporarily removed.

That would require the freon to be evacuated from the system before disconnecting it. The copper line set would have to be unsoldered and disconnected. The electric would have to be disconnected.

Just the opposite to reinstall. Plus recharging the system.

I could see a $300- $500 bill for this service.

Old 12-09-12, 12:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Last time I had a MH moved the HVAC tech said he could 'pack' the freon into the condenser and then hook it back up for me when I was ready. That was in 1999, I don't remember what he charged but I think it was just a little over $100 for both trips.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: