Cleaning Lennox XC21 Outdoor Unit

Old 03-02-13, 11:51 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Cleaning Lennox XC21 Outdoor Unit

I have a Lennox XC21 Outdoor Unit. I understand how to loosen the sides and clean the coils. My problem is that a lot of pine needles have built up in the bottom of the unit. I see some nuts on the top grill work that I could remove, but it appears that the fan motor hangs from this grill work. Is there some kind of trick to move this out of the way so I can clean out this pine needle debris?

Thanks

Old 03-03-13, 05:10 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Basically you remove the screws holding the top down, you need to get the fan assy and top all out as one piece, the fan wires/conduit SHOULD pull out enough for you to flip the top over and set it off the the side. If you can not do this then it is best to remove the fan wires from the electrical box area connections and remove the whole top with the fan attached.

Old 03-03-13, 06:57 AM
Thanks. I think I will remove the wires and take the unit off. Seems like that would be best since there is only some flimsy bushes nearby to support it.

Old 03-08-13, 05:23 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Please God hit the breaker and/or pull the disconnect before you take the lid off your condenser! I've heard horror stories about that scenario...

Old 03-08-13, 05:28 PM
I always turn off the breaker and pull the disconnect. Thanks for the reminder. It is really good advise.
i just need to get one of those long reach tools to be able to grab bunches of pine needles and lift them out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: