AC Wont start sometimes

Old 04-10-13, 08:47 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC Wont start sometimes

So Im not really sure what I have, I know the inside unit is a coleman and the outside is a nordyne. Its basically whatever they can get by with when they slap together a mobile home. Anyway my problem is that my ac wont kick on sometimes. Ill get the big thump but then its a no go. After the thump though the outside unit will start, just the blower motor inside wont. Then it will freeze up. I can turn the fan on manually and it works fine. Maybe out of 10 attempts to start throughout the day it will do this probably around 5 times. Now when I run the heat I have no issues what so ever. I replaced the capacitors inside and out last year. Year before that I replace the blower fan relay and the contactor (yea this has been going on for awhile haha). So anyone have a clue where to start?

Old 04-11-13, 12:13 AM
Group Moderator
Received 4,101 Upvotes on 3,683 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Is your fan switch part of the thermostat or is it mounted somewhere on the air handler ?
A model number would be helpful for the Coleman unit.

Old 04-11-13, 08:15 AM
J
Its a coleman EB17B. The fan switch is on the therostat. I came home last night and checked the transformer. Its 24VAC and 40VA. I was getting 30 volts on the secondary. Is that normal? I also tested while it was running and also got 30 volts. So Im no expert or anything but if that voltage is a lil high couldnt it hurt the sequencers? I replaced the capacitors on both inside and outside last summer, replaced the contactor and fan blower relay the year before that.

Old 04-11-13, 09:39 AM
J
Double checked the transformer again, 30 volt not running and 28 while running. I read the meter wrong earlier haha

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: