Honeywell CT87N with A/C

Old 05-06-13, 06:02 PM
Honeywell CT87N with A/C

Hi,

Ive changed the old Honeywell for a new one, all the wiring is correct and the compressor starts but the fan don't start.
There are many settings in the new unit that i didn't had in the old one. Two small switches with a menu, and all the options don't say air conditioning.
Plus there is a E/F switch that I left in the standard F but I'm not sure if its ok. The manual of this new unit its so vague it doest tell nothing about the switches.

can anybody help me on this? I don't have access to the AC, its a commercial complex.

thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-13, 06:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 10
We need more information.

How was the old thermostat wired?
How is the new stat wired?
What is the model number of your new thermostat?
Is the indoor fan, or the outdoor fan failing to start?
Is this problem occurring in the heat or cool mode?

Old 05-07-13, 06:34 PM
Hi,

The old thermostat its precisely the same model but old, its Golden.
The new one : Honeywell CT87N
All the wires in the old one were color coded, so all the colors match the initials, R for red W for white Y for yellow O for orange and the ONLY one that was mismatched was the blue that was connected to the G, on the old model the screw housing was painted green with the letter G on the side.
So, very simply, i connected all the wires with the same combination on the new one. And the Blue wire mismatched to the Green housing went to the G screw of the new one.
The only thing different between the two is the R - R/c jumper that i left, because of the instructions said so. "if you have an R/c wire take off jumper, if you don't leave jumper" and so I did.

The A/c is on the ceiling of the commercial complex and I don't have access to it. So i don't know the model. The FAN its there, its not indoors.
The fan doesn't start on any mode. Cold, Heat, fan on, auto, (inside the thermostat I tried also in the E position, F position. There are 5 cycles, I've try them all too.
I start to think that, or the unit it's not for AC, or the unit is defective.

Thank you.

Old 05-07-13, 06:45 PM
Did the blower work before you replaced the thermostat? Remove red and blue wire and wire nut them together..... this should bring on the blower. If it does then the thermostat is defective.

Old 05-07-13, 09:37 PM
It worked before, yes. Im actually thinking in assembling the old one again and call the Honeywell 1 800.

I'll try what you are saying. Are you sure that's safe?

Thanks

Old 05-08-13, 03:18 AM
No... I'm not sure..... I only do this every day.

Old 05-08-13, 11:09 AM
ahaha, ok then
Thank you for you sense of humor