Replacing Thermostat (Totaline to Hunter)

Old 06-04-13, 05:13 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing Thermostat (Totaline to Hunter)

I am replacing my old thermostat that is non-programmable with one that is. Here is a picture of the old thermostat's wiring.

This is the wiring of the new thermostat.

There is no C wire slot, I'm not sure what to do with the blue wire and whether or not I still need to Jump the Y and W. Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-04-13, 05:26 PM
T
Heat Pump ?
I have never seen a jumper between Y and W.
Perhaps the previous stat did not support heat pump, but it does have a reversing valve terminal..

If the new stat does not have a "c" terminal, then it must be battery powered and therefore does not need the common for power. I would tape it off and push into the wall, disconnect the other end from the equiptment.
Check your new stats manual to see how it supports a heat pump. (assuming you are using a heat pump)

Old 06-04-13, 06:11 PM
J
Yes I believe I have a heat pump, I live in Arizona and generally there is not an actual heat unit. Im guessing it is a single stage heat pump since there is not system monitor/L wire with the old thermostat but I do not know for sure. Since Im guess it is a heat pump the wiring diagram shows only using the R Y G and O wires.. is this correct?

Old 06-04-13, 07:17 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
That sounds correct. The jumper was a way for older thermostats to work with a HP system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: