AC Digital Thermostat Recommendations

Old 06-13-13, 06:16 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC Digital Thermostat Recommendations

Hello,

I am looking for Digital Thermostat recommendations under $50, but do the job. I do not want or need anything fancy. We have a Honeywell Thermostat now, but I am wondering if it is not operating correctly as we are experiencing the AC taking a long time, at times, for the temperature to go down. Sometimes it will go down 2 degrees in 10 minutes, other times it will take 2 hours. Last night it jumped from 74 to 72 in a minute. We are otherwise not having issues with the AC. It feels cool in our home...it just seems to take time for the temp to go down on the thermostat.

Could the thermostat itself be the issue? Any recommendations on brands?

Thanks!

Old 06-13-13, 12:20 PM
F
Received 37 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Mary, not knowing where you live or how you are attempting to run your A/C system makes it really difficult to offer much advice. If you are using a programmable thermostat to turn off the A/C when you are away that could be allowing the relative humidity inside to soar during the off times. If this is your method of operation then the A/C must first bring that humidity down before you will see any temperature change.

In my opinion the thermostat is the last thing to check. It might be bad but I doubt it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: