Rewire Gas Furnace Blower Control Board

Old 06-26-13, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rewire Gas Furnace Blower Control Board

Model: Amana 95 IIQ Air Command Gas Furnace (variable speed)
The wire connections I am wondering about are the ones at the very top of the board, I had a technician come out today and he took the whole thing apart, and I discovered that the problem was the burnt out Thermistor. I want to jump the thermistor and see if that is the only problem instead of buying a new motor and module. Here is a link to the circuit board
imgur: the simple image sharer

Here are the wires

And here is the color of the wires and the amount of each, also listed is the labeled wire connections on the circuit board in case if you can not see from the first picture

There are 3 bundled cables, 1 with a red and white wire with a green (ground im guessing) that isnt used, another with a red and white wire with a green (ground) that isnt used, and the third with the rest of the colors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-13, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can not help you with that! We don't know where the wires go on the other end of them and your diagram of what color to what terminal seems off but would need to know what each wire is terminated to on the other end to tell for sure. To check the blower simply put a jumper from R to G on the control board. This will run the blower at a slow speed.

I HIGHLY ADVISE YOU TO NOT TRY TO REPLACE THE THERMISTOR ONLY. The reason being is that if something were to short out in the furnace and cause a fire then you would be liable for any and all damages to your home. Insurance would not cover anything if you tried a repair on your furnace such as you are suggesting. As an industry we do not do such a repair for that very reason. We also don't re-solder control board for that very reason.

Old 06-28-13, 08:04 PM
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
What did you do to the poor tech? If he took it apart he should put it back together.